The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- to moderate-income persons.
Please contact the Community Development Analyst Team to be placed on a notification list for future funding opportunities. David Flores at (714) 647-6561 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Mikelle Daily at (714) 667-2256 or email@example.com.
Nonprofit CDBG Criteria: Nonprofit applicants must meet the following guidelines and criteria:
- Meet the national objective of activities that provide a benefit to low- to moderate-income persons. Programs must serve at least 51% low- to moderate- income persons
- Align with one of the following City of Santa Ana Strategic Plan Goals:
- Community Safety
- Youth, Education, Recreation, or
- Community Health, Livability, Engagement & Sustainability
- Economic Development
- Provide a new service or a quantifiable increase in the level of an existing service
- Additional requirements are listed in the application